Monday 18 July 2011

Nails Inc George Yard

Yup, another Nails Inc. I was nude the last time we spoke, so I decided to go a bit bling. Nails Inc's George Yard fits the bill- it's a foil finish pale pink/gold polish. I've got a lot of boring housework to do, and find this polish to be almost indestructible. However, I have two slight grumbles with this polish: firstly, it is a pain in the neck to remove. The pink/gold pigment is very easy to remove, leaving the silver foil behind! Aagh! The price of beauty, eh? I find this a pretty standard complaint of glitter and foil polishes. My other peeve with these polishes is that they highlight any lump, bump or ridge on your nail. You can't scrimp on the preparation. Furthermore, if you smudge a coat, it cannot be remedied by slathering on a thick layer of top coat. Your nail may be smooth, but you will still see the smudge in the polish. On the flip side, besides the long wear, there is also the bonus of excellent coverage. The polishes are quite thick so one coat will easily suffice.

Oh, they're also impossible to capture well on camera. That's my excuse.



With flash



Outdoors, without flash. Dazzling, right?

Foils, you cruel mistress.

2 comments: