Thursday 6 October 2011

OPI Black Tie Optional

Aah, Black Tie Optional: a polish I have a love/hate relationship with. Why? Firstly, I think I may have a dud bottle. I have seen on other blogs a beautiful beetle-carapace black that shines pink and green depending on the angle of the light. Mine does not do this. The green-gold colour is only visible when washing my hands. Having said it, it is still a very nice polish. It is black, but with tiny pink and green-gold glitter. The effect is an 'interesting black'. People say, "Oh, you've got black polish, no wait, it's not really..." It looks like black, deep purple, deep brown or deep green- it's very difficult to decide. It's very disconcerting to find a colour the brain cannot adequately define.

Oh, and it's impossible to photograph well! My first picture shows the green-gold hue:


The second shows the pink/purple shimmer, along with a very black thumb nail!


Green nails:

Brown nails:


Purple nails:



See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment