Thursday 20 October 2011

Nails Inc Magnetic Polish Trafalgar Square

Okay, so I couldn't wait!

I decided to test out Trafalgar Square, the gunmetal grey of the trio.

The first coat was not easy to apply- if the brush is not loaded the polish will streak. I didn't see this as too much of a problem, it's just that the brush and consistency of the polish is different to the usual bottles of Nails Inc. I suppose this is to be expected as the polish is load with iron filings...

I have a picture of just one coat of Trafalgar Square. You can see on my little finger the problem of a thin coat.


The for the fun bit: the second coat and magnet! The second coat applied beautifully and gave excellent coverage. I was concerned that the magnet would be fiddly, especially when doing my right hand. I needn't have worried. Each nail only takes a few seconds to magnetise, and I only caught two nails on the magnet.

I have one piece of advice when using magnetic polishes: when applying the top coat, make sure the brush is loaded and use a nice thin lacquer. If you use a slightly claggy top coat you will need to use more brush strokes to achieve an even finish. This can start to erode the design formed by the magnet. As few strokes as possible is the key. You can see where I started to erase the stripes on my index finger:



Overall I am very pleased with the results. I know that next time I will do a better job by applying generous coats of polish. I think the 3D-metallic look is stunning, and I am already planning which colours I can put beneath the magnetised coat in the hope it peaks through!

No comments:

Post a Comment